Hi, we’re your Community Reps and we are employed by the LiverpoolSU to ensure you are happy, safe and feel at home within your Liverpool community.
We have five Community Rep teams working each week throughout Liverpool, these areas include the Marybone, Georgian Quarter, Ropewalks, Baltic Triangle, Smithdown and Kensington areas of the city.
What do we do for you?
- We represent you on a local scale at community meetings. These usually include meeting with Merseyside Police, Liverpool City Council and other important stakeholders.
- We visit each community every week to speak to you. We also speak to your neighbours to ensure you are safe and happy with your living situation!
- We deal with neighbour disputes. We also deal with ASB complaints from Merseyside Police or Liverpool City Council, general queries from students and non-students and any advice you need about your area.
- We campaign to make the community you live in a student friendly environment. Last year we campaigned to have To Let signs removed from houses is Smithdown as this attracts burglars to student houses, we were successful in this and had them taken down! This year we are continuing this important work. If you have any ideas about how to improve your Liverpool community get in touch.
- We keep you up to date with everything LiverpoolSU and more. Check out our ‘What’s on near you’ guide for all the latest events happening near you to make sure you’re getting the most out of student life.
- We hold social events for you to get to know your neighbours. If you would like to suggest any social events we could hold within your community, get in touch.
Who are the Community Reps in your area?
We would love to hear from you, whether its campaign suggestions, any issues regarding living situations/neighbours/housemates etc. get in touch at email@example.com, follow us on Twitter or like the LiverpoolSU Facebook page.